September 26, 2022
WCC Family is expanding and we are looking for a Graduate lawyer to join our Legal Team.
The prevalence of family law issues and family violence in the City of Whittlesea is high particularly when compared to other municipalities in the North West Region. The role has been established to strengthen and expand our ability to meet the needs of clients experiencing family violence through the provision of legal advice, casework and advocacy in the courtroom.
Overview of Duties
• Provide legal information, advice, casework, advocacy and referral services for clients, presenting with family violence matters who identify as a victim/survivor including:
o preparation of applications for intervention orders (IVO’s);
o preparation of victims of crime applications;
o provision of casework assistance for same;
o police liaison;
o appearing in court as necessary in IVO matters.
• Assist with collection of data, analysis and preparation of reports and other service planning, needs analysis and accountability documentation as required;
• Provide practical assistance and support to volunteers and students, as required;
• participate in community legal education programs related to family violence;
• Ensure compliance with relevant professional and ethical standards relating to legal practice, including the Legal Profession Act 2004 and the National Risk Management Guide of the National Association of Community Legal Centres.
To apply please send your CV (max 2 pages) and response to the key selection criteria (max 3 pages) to Tanya Stelmach, firstname.lastname@example.org or apply through ethical jobs here .Please apply as soon as possible and no later than Sunday 9th October 2022.
Posted in: General Update