The Whittlesea Community Transport Service is for people who live in the City of Whittlesea and as a result of challenges related to age, health, or income experience transport related disadvantage.
Types of Journeys
Community Transport can assist with journeys to:
- Health and medical appointments (not including medical emergencies).
- Essential community, welfare and professional services.
- Social support or health group activities.
- Essential food shopping.
- Visit friends and relatives at health or care facilities.
Who can use the service?
To qualify for the service people must:
- Live in the City of Whittlesea.
- Have a disadvantage related to age, health or income.
- Not have a relative or friend available to either drive them or assist them on public transport.
- Can’t use transport services independently.
- Not have accessible public transport close to where they live.
The transport service at Whittlesea Community Connections is funded through the CHSP program and the HACC PYP programs.
To access transport through the CHSP program:
The client should be registered with My Aged Care and have a referral code or a direct referral sent to Whittlesea Community Connections through the portal.
My Aged Care can be contacted on 1800 200 422 and once registered a client can request a referral be sent to Whittlesea Community Connections Transport Service.
A guide to CHSP services is attached below:
To access transport through the HACC PYP program:
The HACC PYP program is for younger people with disabilities whose capacity for independent living is at risk and who are not accessing the NDIS program.
Services are targeted to younger people with moderate, severe or profound disabilities and their unpaid carers. Not everyone who is eligible can receive an immediate service. Service providers use priority access guidelines. The assessment for eligibility for the program is completed by the City of Whittlesea HACC PYP Team and if a client is eligible and requires transport support a referral will be sent directly to Whittlesea Community Connections.